League of Legends patch 7.11: Kindred rework, new Rek'sai ult and Chemtech Tryndamere
League of Legends' next big content patch is 7.11, introducing massive changes to Kindred, as well as a host of balance and bug fixes. Rek'sai has her own set of major switch ups, including a new ult, and Maokai plus Zac are still feeling the effects of their reworks. Have a look below for all the information we've got, straight from the PBE.
Want in? You'll need the best League of Legends champions.
LoL Patch 7.11 Release Date And Downtime
We don't know the exact release date for patch 7.11 yet, but the schedule is bi-weekly so expect it on Wednesday, May 31. We'll update when Riot do, but keep an eye on the server maintenance page for the latest updates.
LoL Patch 7.11 Balance Changes
That out of the way, let’s start with the really important bit, shall we? What you need to remember is that stuff on the PBE like this is neither guaranteed to happen, nor to be in the next patch even if it does. This is what the folks over at Riot are thinking about doing. We’ve got the numbers on what’s changing, and a general guideline on which way each champion, item, mastery, summoner spell or rune is moving.
Patch 7.11 Champion Changes
Ahri - changed
- Fox-Fire (W)
- AP ratio decreased to 30% from 40%
- Charm (E)
- AP ratio increased to 60% from 50%
- Spirit Rush (R)
- AP ratio lowered to 25% from 30%
Caitlyn - changed
- Base attack speed decreased to 0.521 from 0.568
- Passive bonus attack speed increased to compensate, no functional change
- Headshot (P)
- Runaan's Hurricane's bonus attacks no longer build extra stacks.
Dr. Mundo - buffed
- Base damage growth increased to 3.5 from 3
- Burning Agony (W)
- Magic damage per half second increased to 20/27.5/35/42.5/50 from 17.5/25/32.5/40/47.5
Kindred - reworked!
- Attack growth increased to 2.26 from 1.7
- Mark of the Kindred (Passive)
- Removed bonus damage based on Lamb current HP.
- Every 4 marks increases the range of Kindred’s basic attack, Dance of Arrows and Mounting Dread. The first 4 marks increase their ranges by 75, while every 4 marks after increase their ranges by 25.
- It addition, buffs each of Kindred's abilities (these are also detailed below):
- Dance of Arrows bonus attack speed increased by 5% per stack.
- Wolf's Frenzy bonus current health damage increased by 0.5% per stack.
- Mounting Dread bonus missing health damage increased by 0.5% per stack.
- Dance of Arrows (Q)
- No longer gains base damage per stack of passive.
- Now grants Kindred 10/15/20/25/30% attack speed for 4/4.5/5/5.5/6 seconds on cast, increased by 5% per stack of Mark of the Kindred
- AD ratio changed to [75% bonus AD] from [20% total AD]
- Base Vault speed increased to 500 from 400
- Wolf's Frenzy (W)
- Can now direct Wolf to a position within 500 units of Lamb before creating the hunting territory. Wolf can go over walls while travelling in this way. This range does not scale with Mark Of the Kindred stacks.
- Wolf now deals magic damage instead of physical damage
- Wolf now deals an additional 1.5% of the target’s current health per attack as base damage, increased by 0.5% per stack of Mark of the Kindred
- AD Ratio changed to [20% bonus AD] from [40% total AD]
- Mounting Dread (E)
- Base damage decreased to 40/60/80/100/120 from 40/75/110/145/180
- Missile Speed of Wolf's attack increased to 2000 from 1600
- AD ratio changed to [80% bonus AD] from [20% total AD]
- % health damage changed to [8% missing health damage, increased by 0.5% per stack of Mark of the Kindred] from [5% max health damage]
- Added: Wolf’s attack critically strikes targets below 15% health for 50% more damage. Critical Strike chance increases the % health threshold for this critical strike to occur by 0.5% per 1% crit chance.
Lucian - nerfed
- Piercing Light (Q)
- Mana cost increased from 50/55/60/65/70 to 50/60/70/80/90
Malphite - buffed
- Ground Slam (E)
- Armor ratio increased from 30% to 40%
Malzahar - reworked
- Call of the Void (Q)
- Cast time decreased to 0.25 seconds from 0.5
- Post-cast delay of 0.4 seconds added
- AP Ratio increased to 80% from 70%
- Void Swarm (W)
- Reworked to:
- Mana cost: 40/45/50/55/60
- Cooldown: 8 seconds
- Cast range: 150
- Passive: Every cast spell gives a stack of W (max: 2)
- Active: Summons a Voidling, plus additional Voidlings based on W stacks. Voidlings' basic attacks deal magic damage, increased by 12/14/16/18/20 (+40% bonus AD) (+20% AP).
- Health changed to 65+8 per level (201 at 18) from 3
- Attack Damage changed to 5 + 3.5 per level (64.5 at level 18) from 30/35/40/45/50 (+40% bonus AD) based on W rank
- Attack Speed increased to .665 + 2% per level (0.891 at 18) from .665
- Armor changed to 16 + 2 per level (50 at 18) from 30
- Magic Resist decreased to 8 + 1 per level (25 at 18) from 50
- Movement speed decreased to 400 from 451
- Movement speed is no longer effected by targets or Malzahar's proximity.
- Gold value decreased to 2 from 5
- Duration decreased to 8/8/9/9/10 (based on W rank) from 12
- New: Tower and Champion basic attacks will kill Voidlings regardless of health, but otherwise incoming combat damage goes through standard Armor or Magic Resist calculations
- Malefic Visions (E)
- AP Ratio increased to 80% from 70%
- Nether Grasp (R)
- Null Zone Damage decreased to 10/15/20% (+2.5% per 100 AP)
- Beam Damage added at 125/250/375 (+115% AP)
Maokai - changed
- Sap Magic (Passive)
- Cooldown thresholds decreased to [30/25/20 at lvl 1/6/11] from [30/25/20 at lvl 1/9/15]
- Healing changed to [10-70 + (5-13.1% max hp)] from [10-130 + (4.5-10.5% max hp)]
- New: 10/20/30/40/50/60/70 + [5/6.35/7.7/9.05/10.4/11.75/13.1% max HP] at 1/6/9/11/13/15/17.
- Old: 10/30/50/70/90/110/130 + [4.5/5.5/6.5/7.5/8.5/9.5/10.5% max HP] at 1/6/9/11/13/15/17.
- Sapling Toss (E)
- Brush duration changed to [30 seconds + 2.5 seconds per 100 bonus HP] from [30/40/50/60/70 seconds]
Rek'sai - changed
- Health growth decreased to 85 from 90
- Fury of the Xer'Sai (Passive):
- Fury generation changed to [25 fury generated for all attacks and unburrowed abilities] from [5 per attack, 10 per UB ability, and 2.5 per extra enemy hit]
- Health regen time decreased to 3 seconds from 5 seconds
- Health regen value decreased to (5 + 10 per level) from (25 per level)
- Queen's Wrath (Q)
- Damage increased to [15/20/25/30/35 (+40% bonus AD)] from [15/25/35/44/55 (+20% bonus AD)]
- Prey Seeker (Q)
- Now has a 40% bonus AD ratio.
- Damage changed to physical from magical.
- Un-burrow (W)
- Knock up targeting changed to single closest from AoE.
- Now knocks back other units 250 range away from Rek'Sai
- Knock up duration increased to 1 second from [0.5-1 sec based on proximity]
- Knock up immunity incresed to 10 seconds from 10/9.5/9/8.5/8 at all ranks.
- Furious Bite (E)
- Damage changed to [50/60/70/80/90 + 85% bonus AD] from [80/90/100/110/120% AD]
- Removed: Fury scaling.
- Tunnel (E)
- Cooldown decreased to 26/23/20/17/14 seconds from 26/24/22/20/18
- Cooldown after use decreased to 10/8/6/4/2 seconds from 10/9/8/7/6
- Void Rush (R)
- Reworked to:
- Range: 1500
- Cooldown: 100/80/60
- Passive: Dealing damage to enemy Champions Marks them for the next 5 seconds.
- Active: Rek'Sai lets out a harrowing scream before burrowing underground seeking out a marked target. Moments later she leaps from underground, dealing 100/250/400 (+140% Bonus AD) physical damage plus 20/25/30% of their missing health.
Sion - buffed
- Soul Furnace (W)
- Cooldown decreased to 11 seconds from 13
- Shield % of max health increased to 8/9/10/11/12% from 6/7/8/9/10%
Yasuo - changed
- Steel Tempest (Q)
- Duration for stacks of steel tempest decreased to 6 seconds from 10
Zac - nerfed
- This change was hotfixed to live on May 22
- Stretching Strikes (Q)
- Damage decreased to 30/40/50/60/70 from 40/60/80/100/120
Zyra - changed
- Plant Health decreased to 2 from 4
- Rampant Growth (W)
- Removed effect: No longer increases plant health by 10/20/30/40/50%
- Added effect: Now causes plants to spawn 10/20/30/40/50% faster
- Stranglethorns (R):
- Added effect: Increases plant health by 100/150/200%
Patch 7.11 Item Changes
Abyssal Mask - changed
- Renamed from Abyssal Scepter
Blade of the Ruined King - nerfed
- Unique active damage decreased to 15 from 20
- Lifesteal decreased to 12% from 15%
Ninja Tabi - changed
- Unique passive block effect decreased to 10% from 12%
Nomad's Medallion - buffed
- Cost decreased to 850 from 875
- Combine cost decreased to 350 from 375
- Also affects all items in line
LoL Patch 7.11 New Skins
Second most important: cosmetics. Lovely, gorgeous cosmetics. Bit more of a visual medium this, so we’ve grabbed the best videos of each skin, as well as a lovely pic or two. Some are relatively simple changes, while others are total reworks of every part of the champion outside the gameplay numbers - new VO, new animations, new particles and the rest. It’s generally defined by how much they cost, so we’ve detailed that as well.
975 RP. Details from Riot.
Here's their splash:
LoL Patch 7.11 Login Screen
Each patch has its own login screen with unique music. They're always fairly excellent, though 7.11's hasn't appeared yet - expect it in the next week or so. It will likely be based around Chemtech Tryndamere.
Doom Bots of Doom
Looks like the Doom Bots are on their way back to Summoner's Rift as a rotating game mode. Here's the preview for the testing period.
League of Legends missions
Missions have now entered full testing. See below for the leaks up until this point, and here's Riot's official thread about it.
Continuing from the assets found during the Patch 7.9 PBE, further expansions on the system that will be used for tracking rewards for various out-of-game related events have been added in 7.11. So far there's some new concept art as shown on S@20, and Riot have released a huge devblog about the feature.
10 bans in Ranked
10 bans is coming to ranked, hopefully adding a little bit of extra diversity to the metagame. It's due to release alongside patch 7.11 and is now up for testing. Here's Riot's thread about it and a bunch more info on how it will work. Other updates to the client include the ability to buy skins during champion select.
That's League of Legends patch 7.11. We'll update as and when we get more info, or we'll see you for patch 7.12 in the very near future. Let us know below if there's any vital info we missed!